By Simo Ahava @ Netbooster – Head of Analytics www.simoahava.com Twitter: @SimoAhava
I’ve been following Simo’s blog for quite some time and meeting him in person is truly a pleasure.
The major problem with Google Analytics is that it is designed for the masses, it is meant to fit overall businesses.
“Reporting on a single metrics or snapshot of a funnel is like telling only the punchline of a joke”
Event tracking schemas
- Interaction events
- Page view events
These are sessions with an eCommerce transaction.
- All sessions data is arbitrary
- Data quality is something you work towards
- Make metrics / KPI’s more meaningfull
- Stay away from aggregate metrics
Aggregate > Segment > User centric > Cohorts > Predictive
- How can an arbitrary, fictional metric ever be a good KPI