By @SimoAhava from netbooster www.simoahava.com
- resources: //developers.google.com/tag-manager/enhanced-ecommerce
- GitHub: //github.com/sahava/eec-gtm
- Slides: //www.simoahava.com/analytics/track-content-enhanced-ecommerce/?utm_source=link&utm_medium=powerpoint&utm_campaign=smx
Respect the stateless web
Things like intent and content efficiency are difficult to unveil in the stateless environment.
How do you reliably persist state?
- Browser cookies
- HTML Storage
The issue is when someone flushes the cookies or deletes the html storage therefore the data becomes meaningless.
Solution could use server-side computation but how to overcome the this problem of stateless collection? Forget KPIs?
Enhanced eCommerce for content
Traditional eCommerce analytics only look at sessions which end with a “receipt page. With the Enhanced Ecommerce adds funnels such as:
- Product impressions
- Click on impr.
- View product details
- Add to cart
- Checkout step 1
- Checkout step 2
- Checkout step 3
Enhanced eCommerce shifts the focus from conversions to the entire journey.
Enhanced Ecommerce for content
Allows you to understand the relationship between promotion impressions and actions taken on it.
- Determine the terminology:
Then, work on data collection.
- Leverage the Data Layer
- Feel free to leave something out if it isn’t relevant
- Design the data collection with analysis in mind – not (just) because its fun and cool
- Read Google’s Dev Guide